(l to r) Abram Nielsen, Jared Peterson, Tyson Eyre, Brent Everett
Nicole Kunze | Lehi Free Press
The seven members and two alternate members of the Lehi City Planning Commission combined donate between 30 and 70 hours every month considering citizens’ requests and recommending action to the City Council, or in some cases giving final approval to applicants.
Commission members are appointed by the Mayor with consent from the City Council and they serve three-year terms. Although their recommendations aren’t always upheld by the City Council, the Lehi City Planning Commission plays an important role in executing the goals and vision of residents.
The Lehi Free Press contacted the nine men, including alternates, serving on the Planning Commission and asked them; 1. How long have you lived in Lehi? 2. What do you do for a living? 3. What are your hobbies? 4. Tell us a little about your family.
Last week, several Commission members provided answers. This week, the last group was profiled.
Abram Nielsen, serving as Planning Commission Chair, current term ends Dec. 31, 2022.
1. My family and I moved to Lehi in the summer of 2014. I am originally from Brigham City, and my wife and I spent 12 years in South Florida prior to moving to Lehi.
2. I am a Landscape Architect and Planner. I work for FFKR Architects in Salt Lake City where I help lead the Landscape Architecture and Planning Studio.
3. I have kids–those are my hobbies at this stage in my life. If I ever get to choose, I have always enjoyed anything outdoors, active or passive. I am a closet thrill seeker, love the water, and long walks on the beach (seriously).
4. My wife and I are parents to three lovely boys who are full of life and energy (to put it nicely). They are ages 11, 8, and 4, and it takes everything we have to keep up with them.
Jared Peterson, in his second term ending Dec. 31, 2021.
1.My wife and I have spent our entire lives in Lehi. Our families go back to the original founding of this great town.
2. I am a commercial loan officer at Central Bank, where I specialize in construction and real estate lending.
3. I enjoy golfing, camping, photography, and traveling to new places. We also enjoy plays and musicals, and it is pretty common to find us at the high school football or basketball games.
4. My wife, Susan, and I went to high school together. We were married in 1993 and have four children and one granddaughter. Our family has a great love of Lehi and we enjoy serving on the Lehi Round Up Committee, spending summer days at the outdoor pool and city parks, and of course, quality-checking the Lehi Bakery for many years.
Brent Everett, serving his second term, which will be complete on Dec. 31, 2022.
1. I have lived in Lehi for 19.5 years, but nearly 40 years in Utah County, total.
2. I work for the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, overseeing cleanups of hazardous waste sites in the federal Superfund and State Voluntary Cleanup programs, and implementing the Underground Storage Tank program.
3. I used to have hobbies, then I got married and had children. Now I enjoy taking my family road-tripping through and hiking the beautiful scenery and landscapes of Utah and the west (I’m a geologist), grilling and cooking. So, basically driving and eating, but not at the same time.
4. My wife Melissa and I have three wonderful children. Our oldest daughter, Kendall (18) is a freshman at BYU. Bronwyn (16), our second daughter, is a Junior at Lehi High School. Our son, Christian (12), is in 7th Grade at Willowcreek Middle School. We love living in Lehi.
Tyson Eyre, serving a second term as an alternate member of the Planning Commission.
1. I have lived in Lehi for 10 years. We love it here and can’t picture living anywhere else.
2. I am a business consultant focused on Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Branding.
3. My family and I live along the Jordan River Trail, so when the weather is nice, we can be found walking and biking the trails. We love living in Lehi as it gets us close to the mountains and so many other outdoor activities.
4. My wife and I have been married for almost 11 years now, and we have four amazing kids, ages eight, six and two-year-old twins. My kids go to River Rock Elementary. When they’re not at school, they can usually be found fishing somewhere along the Jordan River. My beautiful wife is a wedding florist, and that keeps her pretty busy.