On Saturday, June 2, a free group bike ride has been organized along the now connected trails from Ogden to Provo. The Golden Spoke network of trails consists of over 100 miles of safe, separated, and connected multi-use trails that include Ogden River Parkway, Denver and Rio Grande Western Rail Trail, Legacy Trail, Jordan River Trail, Murdock Canal Trail, and Provo River Parkway. The Murdock Canal Trail runs through Lehi.
The event includes two simultaneous group bike rides starting early in the morning on Saturday, June 2. One ride begins at Rainbow Gardens in Ogden Canyon and travels south for approximately 47 miles. The second ride begins at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon and travels north for approximately 57 miles. The two group bike rides will converge in the center of the connected trails at the new Jordan River Bridge in Salt Lake City. Bikers, joggers, and walkers are invited to join the ride at multiple points along the trail for a shorter ride, run, or bike.
Community events will be hosted along the way on the trails as well as a final celebration at the Fisher Mansion in Salt Lake City.
- 5:15 a.m.: Group ride begins at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon
- 6:45 a.m.: Group ride begins at Rainbow Gardens in Ogden Canyon
- 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.: Celebration event at the Fisher Mansion, 1206 W 200 S, Salt Lake City
- 1:30 p.m.: Estimated arrival time of group rides at the Jordan River Bridge in Salt Lake City
- 2:00 p.m.: Event speakers
The group ride is free, but registration is requested. To register and for more information, visit GoldenSpokeUtah.org.